Technical Support Representative
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Member of team for dealer technical support issues. Answer phone calls and emails from company authorized dealers pertaining to residential elevator installation issues, repairs, warranty parts and product questions. Issue return material authorizations (RMAs) and place parts orders for company dealers.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to inquiries from company dealers daily. Support will be provided using a priority system when multiple requests are in queue.
- Enter Zendesk ticket for of each technical support calls received including date, dealer, equipment and issue
- Fulfill part order requests thru ERP, Zendesk and Card Connect systems. Utilize ERP and Zendesk for all orders – no exceptions.
- Issue RMAs and process receipt of RMAs.
- Identify reoccurring technical support issue that can be address by tech bulletins/videos. Subsequently generate technical bulletins/videos with manager approval.
- Ship parts orders via UPS, FedEx, etc. as necessary.
- Communicate with engineering staff to resolve issues and improve products
- Work with engineering staff when possible for research and development
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Ability to trouble shoot electromechanical systems effectively.
- Working knowledge of relays, transformers, switches, indicators, electric motors, gear reducers, & hydraulic systems.
- Ability to interpret / read / learn ladder diagrams, schematic & wiring diagrams as well as various mechanical drawings.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office
- Working knowledge of Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software.
- Ability to multi-task and organize in a dynamic and task varying work environment
- Office skills including answer phones, filing and copying
- Minimal travel required to assist in trouble shooting company products
- The ability to move/lift objects up to 50 pounds.
- Embrace company’s core values of commitment & excellence. Be humble, caring, and compassionate as well as be a team player.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required
- Associates Degree or Vocational/Technical school Certificate in related field preferred
Updated February 28, 2020